Rhoda helps you develop skill in sketching what you see as simply and boldly as possible, using a few very basic art materials. Rhoda demonstrates techniques suitable for beginners or intermediates who want to develop more confidence in drawing, as well as skilled artists who would like to “loosen up”.
We meet at the art store for some warmup sketches, then go out on location to a variety of indoor and outdoor venues. Each session is $40. Please email me to sign up
Sketching Fast & Loose is useful for:
- Capturing the essence of a subject
- Developing observational skills
- Making a colorful travel journal
- Using “down time” to advantage: cafes, airports….
- Sketchbook: max. size 8×10″ white paper with a medium texture, heavy enough to handle wet media (100-180 lb.). Recommended: Stillman & Birn brand, Alpha or Beta series.
- Black, dark gray or dark brown waterproof pens. Several brands: Faber-Castell Pitt pens, Fine point (F) or Medium (M). Derwent Graphik line maker, Micron
- Pentel brand Brush tip (B) pen.
- Aquarelle (water-soluble) pencils, various brands. Six to eight colors to start (sepia, indigo blue, forest green, teal blue, yellow ochre, brick red, deep purple)
- Water brushes: Japanese-made brush with a water reservoir (large tip)
- Accessories: viewfinder, pencil sharpener, clear vinyl pouch for everything but the sketchbook.
To sign up for this event please e-mail Rhoda Directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: Sign ups let us know if you (our customers) actually want these demos. This class has a small class size, sign ups are required. No drop ins.