Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent. Gamblin's dedication to today's oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials - we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90 minute Lecture Demonstration will cover the following:
- Artist's Oil Colors - Gamblin's approach to color making
- Color Theory - 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensiona Color Space
- Color Mixing - Navigating Color Space: Gamblin's practical approach to color mixing
- Mineral vs Modern Pigments - How to create a personalized palette of colors
- Indirect vs Direct Techniques - Historical application of opaque and transparent colors
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors - Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors
- Galkyd Painting Mediums - Focus on working properties and choosing the right medium
- Building Permanent Paintings - Understanding Fat Over Lean approaches
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds - How they affect color and permanence
- Studio Safety - How to create a safe studio environment using Gamsol OMS
- Gamvar Picture Varnish - Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
All attendees will receive FREE Gamblin Product & Literature Samples.
About the Presenter: Glenn Brill has presented over 300 education presentations through the U.S., Europe and Asia. A past professor and San Francisco State University, Glenn has also taught at California College of the Arts, San Francisco Art Institute and University of California @ Hayward. Glenn has been involved in art material product development and education for ver 20 years. He has worked for some of the premier art material companies as Director of Education, helping to develop and test oil and acrylic paints, brushes, canvas, paper and drawing materials. Recipient of two National Endowment for the Arts Visual Fellowships. Author of "Beyond the Brush" and co-author of "The Acrylic Handbook". His artworks are in the permanent collections of the Archives of American Art, Brooklyn Museum, San Jose Museum and Phoenix Art Museum. Glenn holds a BFA from the California College of Arts and Crafts, an MFA from Cranbrook Academy of Art and is a Tamarind Master Painter. His work can been seen at www.glennbrill.com
To sign up for this class, please click here!
DISCLAIMER: Sign ups let us know if you (our customers) actually want these demos. We need a minimum of 15 attendees per demo or it will be cancelled. Please make sure you sign up if you would like to attend, do not depend on just "dropping in".