Glenn Brill, Artist Educator for Strathmore Artists Paper, will present “The Essentials of Paper”, a 90-minute hands-on presentation on Strathmore Drawing and Watercolor Papers. The presentation will focus on how understanding a paper’s fiber, weight, texture, surface, grade a permanency affect an artist’s choice and useage of fine art paper. Attendees participate in hands-on exercises, using a selection of papers and drawing materials. The goal of the presentation is to provide information to help artists select the right papers for their medium and techniques.
The presentation will cover all aspects of fine art drawing papers including:
- History of Writing Surfaces: parchment to papyrus to paper
- History of Papers: from China to Europe
- How Paper is Made: past and present
- Handmade paper vs. Machine made Paper
- Components of Paper: fiber, watermark, surface texture, sizing, weight, permanence
- Environmentally friendly papers and alternative fibers
- Types of Paper: newsprint, sketching, drawing, bristol, illustration, charcoal, pastel, watercolor and mixed-media
- Grade of Paper: student, artist, professional
- Paper Storage
Attendees will receive FREE:
Strathmore Papers & literature, Selection of drawing materials, and Watercolor Brush
TO SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
DISCLAIMER: Sign ups let us know if you (our customers) actually want these demos. We need a minimum of 15 attendees per demo or it will be cancelled. Please make sure you sign up if you would like to attend, do not depend on just "dropping in".