This class has been cancelled
$45.00 Workshop with Linda Rowland
In this class you will go through a short introduction to sketching, and learn how to collage and creating a written record of your creative journey. Mixed Media journaling is a way of combining a sketchbook, a notebook, a diary and a scrapbook into a field book that can open, close and carry with you.
I am a retired art teacher from St Helena High School/ RLS Middle School. I also do graphics here in the Napa Valley and the Bay Area. I have done graphics and photography for actor Robin Williams, Bill Graham Presents and for the 1st Napa Valley Film Festival. I have done art workshops at the Oakland Museum of California and the Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento.
Material list below, please purchase before class!
- A journal (in a size you are comfortable working with) I like 5 X 7
- Gesso (basically a primer to get your surface ready...so whatever you like)
- Color (acrylic paint, watercolor, colored pencils, crayon)
- Brushes (use with the paint)
- Tape (basic scotch tape, duct tape, fancy tapes)
- Glue (white, spray, stick)
- Mechanical Pencil (doesn't have to be expensive, just a pencil that doesn't need to be sharpened)
- Kneaded eraser
- Pen (A waterproof pen, anything that makes a good dark line)
- A fine point Sharpie or Pigma Micron. There are a great variety @ NV Art Supply. It really depends on the look you are going for: BOLD? use a Sharpie, Lots of detail and small words? Use a .35 Pigma Micron.
- Binder Clips (to hold your page open)
- Tiny Stapler & staples
And then stuff you've collected from life (receipts, menus, maps, business
cards, notes, clippings from magazines or textbooks, handwritten lists,
ticket stubs, old photos....make copies of anything too valuable to you)
Please call us, or come into store to sign up.
We now require advanced payment when you sign up for our workshops.
Please cash and check only, make checks to Linda Rowland. All fees go directly to the Instructor.